Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Xavier Turns 2!

Xavier is officially a toddler. He turned two on Monday. We had a party with some family and friends on Sunday afternoon. It was a monkey theme because Xavier is obsessed with monkeys. He actually thinks he's a monkey. Curious George is his favorite movie and he's going through a phase where he only speaks in monkey. If I ask him a question, he responds with "ooh-ooh, ahhh-ahhh". It's pretty funny, but we are wondering how long it will last. So I decided to make him a monkey cake that I found on marthastewart.com It turned out pretty cute. The kids had hot dogs and banana splits. They had so much fun running around the house and playing outside in the sand box. After everyone left, Xavier sat in the living room and played with all his new toys. He didn't go to be until 10:30...probably due to all the sugar he had all day. All in all, I think it was a success. It was great to have something to keep my mind off having the baby. I don't think Xavier will mind the new addition quite as much now that he has lots of cool new toys to play with.
































No comments: