Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Xavier goes skiing

Afton and I took Jaxon and Xavier skiing the other day. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. We really didn't know what to expect since they've never skied before. They were surprisingly good! We were getting some strange looks from the other parents on the bunny hill because unlike them we didn't have special leashes, or the wedge clips, and we weren't skiing with them safely tucked in between our legs. Oh no, that's not our style. We'd get them set up at the top of the hill, run down about half way, and let them loose. We tried to encourage them to make the "big piece of pizza" with their skis, but mostly they were just out of control bombing down the hill and plowing into us. People couldn't believe how brave they were (and how reckless we were). I've heard that hoo-la-hoops work well. We'll have to give that a whirl next time.

On our way up to the mountain, we made a pit stop at Burger King...

Too cool for chicken nuggets, they have graduated to cheeseburgers ("with NO pickles" says Xavier).

I love his tiny K2's and his tiny little boots. I've never seen anything cuter.

My little dare devil


He thought the magic carpet was pretty cool the first ten times we went on it, but he really just wanted to hitch a ride on the chair lifts. He called them a snow train. He has never had so much fun in his life. He made friends will all the college chicks there and would tell them, "I'm a really at skiing! I go fast like Batman."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Melissa! It has been so fun checking out your blog and those adorable little boys! I saw them the other day all bundled up in your mom's car! They are so cute! Not to mention how darling you are!

The Keetch Family said...

we'll have to get austin and xavier on the slopes together...well the bunny hill. can't wait to see you guys this weekend. bitter sweet!

Chapman Piano Studio said...

Cutest Pics ever. Glad you had the chance to take him skiing and make SNOW memories before moving to SUNNY California. Love and miss you guys, Love, Mom