Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December 2009

We've had a busy month! The blog has suffered. I should be sleeping right now, but I am feeling guilty that the Grandparents have been looking at Halloween pictures for two months now. So here's what we've been up to.
We took the kids to see Santa at the Grove. He was the actual real Santa so Xavier and Deacon were super excited to meet him. They both asked for Legos and a Hot Wheels Battle Force 5 movie.


The Grove had real snow that would fall every 15 minutes.  The boys were in heaven.

They were trying to eat it right out of the sky.






I turned 28!  The boys were so good to me.  We woke up and went out to breakfast and then Q gave me the entire day to do whatever I wanted!  I went shopping, ate lunch, and got my nails done.  It was heaven!  When I got home, the boys thew me a surprise party in their pj's.  They were so excited to give me my presents.  We ate yummy cake that Q picked up at the bakery and then we watched  movies.  It was the perfect birthday.  I am so lucky to have a husband that really appreciates all I do and knows that us moms need a break every now and then.  He never complains about taking the boys out alone and they have so much fun together that I never feel guilty getting away.  Thanks babe for yet another great birthday.   



The ward Christmas party is always a hit.  "Santa's helper" was there.  (The kids can spot a bad Santa a mile away and Xavier will always announce, "This is just a helper guy everyone!"


The BEST birthday present ever!!  Kim and Blake got us tickets to the K ROCK Christmas concert.  There were tons of cool band there but best of all MUSE!!  We have been waititng to see them live for years and years and they did not disappoint.  Best concert I have ever been to, hands down.  What a fun night!


Last but not least we went to Q's work Christmas party.  It's a highlight each year since it's the only time we get to dress up and go to a fancy party.  It was a New Orleans's theme this year, so there was gambling, Cajun food, and dancing.




It has been a crazy month, but I really love this time of year.  It's a time to be together with family and really focus on what is important in life.  Merry Christmas!


6 comments:

Nicole Stucki said...

Melissa it's been awhile. You guys look like you have so much fun down there! I don't show Jeremy your pictures by the beach cuz I think it might throw him into depression. lol. Love your Christmas card and hope you have a good holiday season.

Michelle said...

How the heck did they get real snow to fall out of the sky?!?! Seriously, California goes all out don't they. Maybe that's why they are so in debt? LOL!
Cute pictures! You were definitely the hottest at the work party, and modest too! :)

maggie said...

Seriously? Could your family be any more gorgeous!? Merry Christmas!

Afton said...

love the dress! I don't think I've ever seen you look so smokin hot! Whew baby>>> We miss you guys like crazy and hope you had a great Christmas! Talk to you soon..

Unknown said...

wow! I loved that post, I love all the pictures. YOu are absolutely gorgeous and your kids are so adorable. Love the family pictures. Oh, and Happy Birthday!

The Keetch Family said...

We are in Cali staying with your right now, but it's after midnight, everyone's asleep but me (I know....it's a miracle) and I'm waiting for my laundry to be done and checking your blog! How am I so lucky to have 2 amazing sisters?? I love you tons and am so thankful to have you in my life from the beginning. It's so fun to be here and see the fun life you guys have here. We will definitely be back to visit soon. Thanks for being such an amazing hostess as you always are:) love you!