Sorry this post is so overdue. Everyone is probably sick of seeing Halloween pictures. Is it just me or did Halloween feel like the longest holiday ever? It's one of our favorites, but I was glad to have it over and done with. On Halloween Eve we went out to dinner in Manhattan Beach at a place called "Mama D's". The food was delicious. We both ordered sweet potato raviolis. Yum.
After dinner we walked down the pier and took these pictures.

I have Xavier trained in taking pictures. Basic pose: head tilt, hand in pocket, cheesy grin.

The boys really thought they would see whales and sharks in the water if we stayed there long enough.

Isn't this the sweetest picture?

...take a closer look!

When we got home, we carved pumpkins. Mine is the Jack Skellington one and Q's is the classic. Feel free to vote on which one is better.

Posing with pumpkins

We decided to take some pictures while we waited for our friends to meet us at the pier.

Showing off his guns.


To infinity, and beyond!

Flexing, of course.


The Gang

Robin and Darth Vader enjoyed a romantic walk on the beach.

The houses on the strand were all decked out.





Deacon was a little freaked out at this house.

After going trick-or-treating we took Robin over to Batman's house so they could compare loot.

Superheros

We had such a fun Halloween. Being born and raised in freezing cold Idaho made me really appreciate the fact that we were trick-or-treating on the beach in 70 degree weather. I remember one frigid Halloween in particular. My mom drove us from house to house in our minivan because it would have been considered child abuse to make us walk. She'd stop, let us out, and we would sprint to the house and sprint back to the toasty warm Astro.
There are things that drive me crazy about living in California, but nights like that make me realize how fun it is to live here and how we will always cherish these memories.
8 comments:
I must agree about the freezing cold Idaho. Utah isn't that bad, but sometimes I see your pictures and get a little jealous that you guys are so warm and I am so cold. I love warm weather. When we finally make it up there to go to Disneyland, we'll have to meet up.
Love the costumes. I had a Robin last year and a Buzz this year. I tried to find a GOOD buzz costume like yours but I was not successful, his is awesome!
ANyway- cute post:)
Okay we will have to plan it....well we have been "planning" it forever now, we just need to plan a time we can actually break away. I have been thinking that we'd have to meet up for sure. You guys probably know Disney Land better than anyone :)
I got that shirt at a little boutique here in Orem called Amara. But its "esley" alot of people sale that. They have alot of cute stuff online.
Looks like you guys had a really fun night. Love the Deacs plumber crack! Also, so glad you found the mask and wings. What a fun night! But...now...it's on to Christmas!
Amen to longest holiday ever. I'm so torn because kids make holidays SO much more fun but SO much more work...hmmmmm...
I am in love with your boys. I love superhero costumes and I love boys with their dads and all that stuff because that's our life, too.
And welcome to warm holiday weather! I love it; I never EVER miss the snow. Give me a Christmas with palm trees over snow any day. Cute pictures, M.
P.S. I cannot believe you guys have a freaking four year old. Seriously.
P.P.S. Your pumpkin, hands down.
LOVE the pics. Your pumpkin. No contest. Sorry, Q, I actually thought you would have done that one. Can you please stop the boys from growing up so fast! GRRRRR!!! miss them (and you, of course). LOVE YOU GUYS!
Looks like you guys had tons of fun. I am sad though cause i wish you guys lived closer, our boys would have so much fun together. Maybe someday though! Oh ya, I vote for your pumpkin too!
Oh i love the holidays!
Post a Comment