Thursday, October 29, 2009

This is Halloween...

I don't know about you guys, but we love Halloween around here. It's right up there with Christmas as favorite holidays go. Here's a peek at what we've been up to the past few weeks.

PA'S PUMPKIN PATCH
This is the cutest little place in Long Beach. The kids had so much fun even though it was almost 90 degrees outside.




I still can't believe I put Deacon in a bumper boat without a seat belt. What was I thinking? The operator promised me he would jump in and save him if he decided to climb out, which thankfully he was too entertained to try.
Deacon loved the petting zoo. He would poke his fingers through the cages and then squeal whenever he touched the animals.

He kept chasing the sheep around and smacking them on the bottom. They were very patient with him.







Pony Rides



A DAY AT THE BEACH

Q bought this shovel for the beach. It's amazing how long a hole can entertain boys.




I just love watching them run around the beach together.


going home.

Pre-school Party

Xavier goes to the cutest little pre-school. They had a treasure hunt, made cookies, planted pumpkin seeds, and made fun crafts. He came home with more candy and treats than he could carry. Of course Deacon had to get in on the action. I swear he thinks he is in the class.

On our way to the school I said, "Hey Deacon, we are going to Xavier's school for a Halloween party!" He replied, "What? Are you kidding me?" He cracks me up.


These two could not be cuter. Xavier is always saving Lucy a seat and making sure they get in line next to each other. So cute.


Disneyland

Of course we had to make a trip to Disneyland to see all the Halloween decorations. It was such a fun day...(although it was a long one...12 hours!)


Xavier and Deacon LOVE "The Nightmare Before Christmas" movie. They watch it all the time and they have all the songs memorized. I really need to post a video of them singing, it is so cute. They kept asking when they would get to visit Jack at his house.
Meeting woody. I think Deacon was honestly star struck.






This picture is really funny. At the street parade, they invited the kids to come out and dance so we sent Deacon off the curb. He just stood there and gave us this look like, "Seriously guys? I'm not doing this!"

Staying up late for the fireworks. I can't begin to describe how cool the fireworks are for Halloween. I'll try to post a video so you can watch it. It was the coolest thing I have ever seen.




Haunted Gingerbread House


Random shot of myself since I am always behind the camera and never in any pictures.

BIG NEWS!!! DEACON IS POTTY TRAINED!!!

I had to wait for it to be official. He's been trained to go #1 for a couple of weeks now, but he recently mastered going #2. He overcame his fear, thankfully. We spent some very long days in the bathroom begging, bribing, and coaxing. Here are some pictures of one such day. Poor guy was exausted.

I am happy to report that I returned a giant box of pullups to Costco today. He stays dry through the night and even during naps! We are all so proud of him. The other day Xavier said, "Mom, I can't say that Deacon is a baby anymore. He wears undies."


Hope you all have a fun Halloween!

6 comments:

Meegan said...

The very last picture cracks me up. Your kids will thank you later in life for making Halloween such a big deal, mine will probably ask me why I couldn't be more like Melissa! :)
Jealous of your warm weather! Love all your beach photos. And you're just "cute as a button" (that quote is taken from Q. Bell himself)

The Keetch Family said...

Are pumpkin patches franchised, because those pictures look identical to the pumpkin patch we went to in Chicago. Same everything! ha! Q is a Halloween nut and it's so cute your boys and you have caught the fever. I love the pic of X and Deac leaving the beach and I also love the pic of the 3 boys walking on the beach youngest to oldest. So fun for you to have your 3 boys. Your hair is fab too. counting down the days till we can play!

Audie said...

Disneyland looks like so much fun for Halloween!! Congrats on getting him potty trained. Love the last picture!

The Griffins said...

hey melissa....if u ever want to get rid of boy clothing you know where to send it....okay.

i feel so bad for deacon and his potty picture.....when he is graduating.....haha

Requel said...

Looks like you guys have been having so much fun and enjoying the fall. Random but I know Jolie and Lucy's mom. I was good friends with her sister Chrissy back in our college days!! Crazy, small world!

Unknown said...

That last picture is SO DANG CUTE. I love that. I know, I love their cute little bums in their undies. Its so cute. I love that he has a pacifier in his mouth too....that picture is ALL too familiar!