Tuesday, October 6, 2009

{Birthday Boys}


Okay, so fair warning, but this is a marathon post. We have a lot to catch up on, so this is my first post with more to come.
Xavier and Deacon had birthdays in September. They are 4 and 2 now...so far my favorite ages.

9/24
Xavier's loot. He got to open his presents before Deacon woke up. After presents and waffles, we headed over to our favorite place in the world...DL!

This is the first year he really cared about the cards.



WARNING: If you don't like Disneyland pics, skip ahead.












XAVIER was CHOSEN by THE FORCE to fight the evil DARTH VADER

learning some moves


You know that he really thought he was actually fighting Darth Vader. Biggest moment in his life.

Celebrating with a giant green ice cream sundae...his favorite!


Deacon has never been a big "Pooh" fan, but after we went on the ride four times, he was hooked.

Isn't his little face so sweet?

Tigger was his favorite.


They even bounced together.


We took the boys to dinner at the Rain Forrest Cafe that night to celebrate their birthdays. They loved it.


We got home late (really late for a school night), but we couldn't wait to give Xavier his biggest present.

This Batcave has entertained the boys for hours on end. I don't know how many times I say throughout the day, "Go play Batman!" and they run off together happily. Love it.

We had a joint party for the boys. Since they're birthdays are just three days apart, I am sure they will always have joint parties. I did let them choose their own theme though. Xavier wanted Star Wars and Deacon wanted a Buzz extravaganza. Next year I will make them choose the same theme. It's just too much work to do both, but it did turn out pretty cute.


PARTY TIME!

We threw the boys a pool party at Blake & Kim's house (thanks guys!) It was pretty laid back. Pizza, swimming, and cup cakes. The kids had a great time.








My Dad and his wife Tina flew in for the occasion. It was so fun to see them.
Miss Lucy, taking a snack break.


I know you can't see in the picture, but the cupcakes all had cute little star wars and toy story characters on them. The kids loved them.
I'll end with this picture of the boys in their Halloween costumes. I will post pics from Deacon's birthday tomorrow. I need a break after this one!

5 comments:

The Keetch Family said...

Oh how fun that you can celebrate their birthdays together. Probably crazy for you though. Love the dinsey pictures, especially Deacon with Tigger and Xman with the Darth. We can't wait to see you guys. We miss you like crazy! Robin turned out good on Xavier. Glad it worked:)

Meegan said...

Looks like the you pulled off another amazing birthday bash! You all look great. Love all the pictures!!! (there's no such thing as too many pictures in my opinion!)
~M

alicia king said...

your boys are so handsome! I can't get over it :) fun times!

Unknown said...

WOW! Your kids are so cute. Melissa I seriously have to tell you, I cannot believe how much our boys are alike. My 4 year old was looking at this with me and he LOVED it. We have that same Robin costume and Buzz costume too. My kids just turned 2 and 4 as well and I think they got the exact same gifts. They are so adorable.

Courtney said...

happy happy birthday boys! We love & miss you so much! I see you finally struck gold at California Adventure w/ the characters. So fun. You just need to see Buzz - can you imagine? I don't think I've ever seen him - only woody.....Hmmmmmm.....we need to make that happen!