Friday, October 9, 2009

{Birthday Boys: part 2}

On Deacon's birthday we took a trip to the Long Beach Aquarium. The boys love it there and we always have so much fun. Plus, we have a pass so we like to go as often as we can. We don't really have a zoo close, so this is where we go to get up close and personal with animals.


Checking out the boats



Feeding the birds


Ice cream break


After the aquarium, we headed home so Deacon could open some presents.

First, he got the goggles...which are hilarious on him.
Next, he got the entire Buzz getup. "Why is his face so serious?", you may be asking. Being a space ranger is no joking matter. Zurge is still on the loose people.


We saved the best for last. Everywhere we go, whether it's a friends house or the gym, the first toy he goes for it this Buzz doll. (Is it a doll or an action figure?) Anyway, it's been really hard to not run to Target and get him one when it's all he's wanted for the past six months. We would see them in stores and I know he was so confused about why he couldn't just throw one in the cart. I have to say, that they wait was well worth the reaction we got.

Oh and I forgot to mention earlier that Deacon has a mohawk now. Thanks to my friend Teresa. She mentioned one day that he would look really cute with a mohawk and I wasn't really sure about it. He had these cute little baby hair curls in the back and I really didn't want to cut them. Once I saw his new do, I couldn't stop laughing. He was born to have a mohawk. It fits his personality perfectly. Happy Birthday Deaks! We love you and can't imagine life without you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hewitt (my 4 year old) has been telling everyone about your blog. I showed it to him last night and He just asked to see the boy who went to disneyland.
Love the mohawk! Love the obsession with Buzz. Maybe I think its cute because I know exactly what you are talking about. Your kids are so cute!

Courtney said...

Seriously I can't handle how dang cute they are! And a mohawk! Of COURSE he should have one! Why didn't we think of that sooner? We miss you guys so much. Bunches and Bunches of birthday love from us! And I love seeing them in familiar shirts. Makes my heart happy. :)

Nicole Stucki said...

Melissa your days in good ol Cali never disappoint! Happy Birthday to both your boys. How cute are they!