Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer fun

Days like today are the best. I took the kids to Orange County to meet my sister and her kids at their neighborhood pool. The kids played and swam while we laid in the sun, ate treats, drank diet cokes and caught up on each others lives. I can't tell you how much I am going to miss her when I move. Life just won't be as fun.
I'm pretty sure the boys feel the same way about leaving each other. Last night Austin was sleeping over and he and Xavier ran into the kitchen and told me that Austin wanted to be in our family and that they were going to be brothers instead of just cousins. I kind of feel like they already are.



Deacon is my snuggley boy.  Knowing their personalities you would assume that Xavier is the snuggler in the family, but that's not the case.   Deacon is my little mama's boy.  
(I love his goggle marks around his tired little eyes).

I don't know who exactly came up with the "Spider Face".  I know it was one of my cousins on the Turnbull side...Josh, or maybe Andrea?  They said it was what they imagined a spider's face would look like if you saw it up close.  Pretty sure they're right about that.   It is by far the ugliest face I know how to make and I have passed it down to my children and hopefully they will teach their children and so on and so on. 

My friend Holly says it's liberating to post ugly pictures of yourself online. I don't think it gets uglier than this...

or this...

She's right.  It does feel good.  It feels even better to post them of other people along with you. (Sorry Jess, I had to.)

These cute little cousins started out as frienemies and now are great friends.  Just in time!

Deacon loves taking pictures, posing for pictures, and looking at himself in pictures.  Hmmm, wonder who he gets that from.  After the first picture he said, "Mom, let's do a serious face one."  So we did. 

When we got home, he promptly found a star wars costume and posed for more pictures. He informed me that he was Obi One Kenobi and that he was defeating the evil Darth Maul.  Who is this child?

You better watch out. 

5 comments:

The Keetch Family said...

u seriously posted spider face. i don't feel liberated....just violated. it does make me laugh looking at them though..... good time.

your boys are so fun and we are having a blast! have a great time with your hubby in your new town! love you!

Jill said...

I have to say-I laughed when you even mentioned the spider face!! Then when I saw you and Jessica's...well that just made my night.

Your boys are so handsome, too. But that's no surprise! :)

Unknown said...

LOve the pictures!!!I love how much your little one looks JUST like your hubb and your older guy looks just like you...also, only really beautiful people like you can post "ugly" pics like that, which if that is you being ugly you are lucky!!!

MediocreMama said...

Melissa, your ugliest face is just not that ugly. Sorry but I think it's great you tried.

the reilly's said...

Looks like some fun times. I loved the spider faces. You two would be the prettiest spiders. I don't know if you have moved yet or not. Good luck on the new adventure. Sad for you to have to leave Jess. I bet you are glad for the time you had together.