Monday, October 18, 2010

Who's the boss?

The other day I overheard a conversation between Xavier and Deacon and this is how it went.

Xavier: You're not the boss.
Deacon: Yes I am.

Xavier: Do you drive the car?
Deacon: No.

Xavier: Do you tie shoes?
Deacon: No.

Xavier: Do you do busy things around the house?
Deacon: No.

Xavier: Do you vacuum all the floors?
Deacon: No.

Xavier: Do you watch boring movies?
Deacon: No, I don't like boring movies.

Xavier: Then you're not the boss.



Don't you wonder what your kids really think about you and the things you do throughout your day? Apparently I do way too much "busy work" and not enough play time. I know it sounds cliche but kids really do grow up so fast. I look at these sweet pictures and I know that the time I have with them right now is so precious. Soon, they will be in school and then they will be teenagers. Then I will be the one begging them to hang out with me instead of running out the door to meet friends. So maybe today I won't vacuum and I'll skip watching that boring movie (Last weeks' DWTS) and instead, I'll play with these cute boys.

6 comments:

MediocreMama said...

I was thinking the same thing today. We drop Lennon off at preschool then I run as fast as I can with Larry to get errands/gym/whatever done. When I could actually be spending time with him alone having fun...so hard to remember sometimes.

The Keetch Family said...

I know....right now we are the coolest person in the world to them and that's not going to last very long. We need to milk it while we can.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

It's amazing to me how much fun these little people are! I love the top pic BTW.

Emily Andrus said...

Cute pictures. Your boys are too hilarious. I am totally on board with the arranged marriage! Congrats on expecting. I didn't know you were. Have you guys moved yet?

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

HOLD ON, does that mean you have something to tell me??!! YAY:)

Unknown said...

That was the best post. Your kids sound like they have the cutest personalities.