Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Future Marine Biologist...

I have to say that it is the best of both worlds having a toddler and a newborn. Deacon is so fun to snuggle with and Xavier is my little pal that follows me around the house all day. He hangs out with me while I clean...and "helps" by spraying Windex on the fridge. He has recently become obsessed with Sea life. This is an example of a conversation we have about a hundred times a day.

X: Hey, where shark?
Me: I don't know...where is shark?
X: (scratches his head) Ummmm....water?
Me: Yes, he lives in the water.
X: Hey, where water?
Me: I don't know...where is water?
X: Ocean, Mama.

He is a very inquisitive child. He walks around the house repeating over and over..."A fish, a shark, a whale, a baby whale." And his newest additions are humpback whale, hammerhead shark, and star fish. I have never known a child that is more obsessed with the ocean. We are taking a trip to Seattle in February and we plan to stop by the aquarium so he can see these creatures in real life.
Here are some highlights of our week so far...




Making homemade play dough...


Deciding which color to use...


Watching a movie with Dad & Deacon...




Checking himself out in the mirror after his bath.




Nice buns! He gets them from his Daddy.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard when I saw Xavier in that apron...so that's where it when!!! We were so confused, and I'm sure you were even more!! Isn't it so weird how fast our little boys are growing up?? You potty training yet?
I'm so dreading it!