Tuesday, February 12, 2008

This can't be normal...

I tried to put Xavier down for a nap around 2 (his usual nap time) but he never went to sleep. So I got him up and let him play for awhile. Around 4:30 he was one grumpy kid. So I'm thinking...do I put him down for a nap this late and risk having him stay up until mindnight? Or do I suffer through his crankiness for a couple more hours and put him to bed early? I decided that for my own sanity I'd put him down for a late nap and take my chances. When Q got home from work arond 6:30, we wondered if we should wake the monster. We didn't wake him. Instead we ate dinner in peace and watched American Gladiators. Around 9:30 we started to panic. Is he going to wake up at 3AM hungry or wanting to play? We went to bed with our fingers crossed. Not only did he sleep through the night, he didn't wake up until 9AM!! He was a very happy boy and ate four pieces of french toast for breakfast.


6 comments:

Nicole Stucki said...

Are you kidding me! That is amazing. I wish that would happen with Taylor. That would be great. You have some dang cute kids. I love the look alike pictures. I need to do that. Thanks for the idea.

Lyndsie Field said...

that had to be a once in a lifetime occurence! i'll be very jealous of you if it wasn't!! what a cute sleeper he is! :)

The Keetch Family said...

Lucky smuck. of course you get good sleepers....

Mama Megs said...

What a cutie! That sometimes happens with my little guy-who knows why, but I'll take it! (I'm Jen's friend from college in case you are wondering who this strange girl is commenting on your blog!) www.dehmilesfamily.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I believe this story; Lennon will not stay up later than 5:30 (unless he's just screaming in total torture) and sleeps until 6:30 or 7 each morning. It is so weird. But 9 am?!!! LOL he was so exhausted from being a busy kid.

Cute, cute cute...

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! Thanks so much for the V-day card. You are so sweet to think of us. It's so fun that they are to the age now where we can do fun things like that. I hope you guys had a fun day!