Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First day of school...

Xavier started pre-school today. What is going on? He's so old! He goes two days a week from 8:30 to 10:30. He was pretty excited about it. I didn't think I would put him in school this early, but every day this summer he'd wake up and ask me for friends. Here he is in his new school clothes, wearing a back pack, and eating his breakfast (Blues Clues yogurt & toast).

He was rushing me out the door. "C'mon Mom! I goin' to school!"


He started getting annoyed of all the pictures. He told me it was time to get into the car, so I put the camera away, wiped a tear (not really) and decided it was time to go. This is him...SO excited that we are FINALLY leaving.

When I picked him up he told me all about his morning.

Me: "How was school? What did you do?"
X: "I do letters!" (showing me his paper) "Big A and small a. "
Me: "Cool buddy! What else did you do?"
X: "I do friends. I do blocks. I do school Mom."

9 comments:

Afton said...

They are so big. X looks exactly like Q in the first picture. I mean exactly! Soon we'll be getting them ready for kindergarten. Time really does fly!

The Keetch Family said...

OMG! He is such a handsome big boy. I love that he said, I do letters, I do blocks, I do school mom! What a cutie! I miss you Zazie and can't wait to play with you in a couple of weeks!

MediocreMama said...

Xavier, we are so excited that you are in school. By the time I finally meet you, you'll probably be driving a car. Sad.

He looks like a college-bound 19 year old!

Meegan said...

HOLY GOODNESS!!! It's almost SAD that he's already old enough for preschool. Before you know it, he'll be in first grade, and dishing more attitude than you know what to do with, wait. . . no that's probably just MY KID!!!

~Meegan

Lyndsie said...

i love his excited face!! that kid is too cute..."i do school mom." so matter of fact! zac starts preschool next week, crazy! before you know it, these boys will be in kindergarten! :)

Chapman Piano Studio said...

So adorable!!!!! Way to go Xavier. You're such a BIG boy. Love, Grandma

Audie said...

Xavier is a mini Q. That's what Jared and I said when we saw the first picture. I can't believe he's old enough to be in preschool. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was babysitting him. Time flies!

Michelle said...

Cute! It seems crazy that he is old enough, Rex just started this year. He will be one of the oldest for his grade though.

MediocreMama said...

i am laughing so hard right now! he is going to be in detention if he keeps this up...