Monday, September 8, 2008

Table Mountain gets an elbow to the face thanks to the Extremio Brothers...

It's not that Table Mountain is totally wussy, it's that my brother-in-law and I are so hardcore. Look at the pictures; it's as though Chad is robustly laughing (like so much Gaston when Belle's senile father told of a beast in a castle) at how minuscule the climb was. Look at the shot of me; disappointed that I have yet to come across a mountain trek that challenges me even remotely. On the way up some of the locals, aghast at how care-free the climb was for the pair of us, dubbed us the "Extremio Brothers". The "Extremio" portion? Obviously this is paying tribute to how extreme we are. The twist comes in with the "io" at the end. This is referring to the manner in which we were able to climb to the peak. We had a preternatural and almost acrobatic grace that belongs in a traveling circus. The "Brothers" most likely had to do with the eerie similarities in our appearances. Chad is 6-4-ish and I'm only slightly shorter so the assumption that we are related by blood is an everyday thing.

By the way...Table Mountain is at 11,000 feet.


4 comments:

The Keetch Family said...

That climb was definately the hightlight of Chad's last supper vacation in paradise. What you failed to include in your monolog is how sore you guys were for days after. I don't know, the extremio brothers at 30 aren't quite as fierce as they used to be.

MediocreMama said...

Only slightly shorter?

Afton said...

wow, I had no idea you were so hardcore. you do such a good job keeping it a secret!!

Jason said...

i mean, i wasn't there... i am sure it is a pretty awesome hike, but is this the hike that had you whining like a little girl at the bloody blisters in your shoes? i am just saying...