My Mom and I took the boys to the Fall Festival in Driggs this weekend. Any excuse Xavier can get to make a public appearance in his costume, he'll take full advantage of. I couldn't believe how many people showed up! Hundreds of little kids running around in their Halloween get ups, getting their faces painted, bobbing for apples, taking hay rides, and marching in the costume parade. Luckily, it was unseasonably warm so I wasn't forced to cover these cute little costumes with winter parkas.Xavier WOULD NOT break character. He rarely took his mask off and would only be referred to as Optimus. I think he really believes that he TRANSFORMS (pun intended) into O.P. when he slips into his onesie and mask. It's adorable.
My favorite part of the day is when Xavier spotted some kid dressed as Bumblebee and shouted "Hey, he's on MY TEAM!" They ran to greet each other like long lost pals.
...but the tender moment didn't last long. There was trouble brewing...
Now that we have that settled...on to some crafts!
This post is dedicated to Daddy.
9 comments:
What a cute post. I love the bubble writing throughout. So cute. We can't wait to have you guys here for Halloween. Austin will be so jealous of X man's costume. It's awesome!
Those are the cutest pics ever. It was so fun spending the day with you. Xavier was hilarious - totally in character and little Deacon was the most adorable little "mouse" I mean
Monkey - I've ever seen. Even complete strangers were oohing and ahhing when they saw him. couldn't find two cuter boys anywhere. Love, Mom
That's the cutest post ever!!
Isaac was a monkey last year and we got the same mouse comments. Poor kid w 2 ear infections. They look so darling in their costumes.
ohhhh my, your kids are so adorable. They remind me SO MUCH of my boys. Seriously, your oldest one, is just like HEWITT. I read stories about him, and I can't believe how much alike they are, its crazy. Poor little guy with the ear infections. We have been there done that and I feel for you and him!
We are going to Eliza's wedding. We were thinking of getting a bunch of people together after the reception or maybe even the night or two before or both, if you guys will be in town.Brandon was asking me if you were coming so we are glad you are coming.Brandon hasn't seen anyone for SO LONG. We only see Bryce of course and Gregg and Reeder. I'll see Eliza this weekend at a shower here in provo but we don't see anyone so we are excited, you know with her it will be like a highschool reunion.I know your husband is outta town, but either way we will see you and talk if you can't come visit and hang out.
How are you doing with your hubb gone?
I was laughing so hard at the play by play pictures! So so cute. And I loved how he was in character the whole time. So cute!
Your boys are so handsome-
I hope your Halloween was great!
Hey Melissa, I got your blog from Jessica's! It is good to see your family, which I have never seen and you, which I have not seen in forever! Your boys are adorable! I did not realize you lived in Teton Valley, just right up the road from me! Come visit my blog sometime!
oh my heck melissa!
Your boys are getting so big! They are gorgeous! I want to see them so bad. I will be in town over the holidays so if you need a babysitter at all and want to get out with Q for a bit I'd love to sit for you!
Hey! So I have to apologize for this last weekend. I promise we are not flakes. Brandons family just had things going on and I thought we'd have some more down time. I wish so bad that we could have met up! I apologize. We should have gone later to the reception... anyways! SORRY!
Post a Comment