Easter was really fun this year. Everything is more fun with a three year old in the house. You would think that the idea of a giant rabbit coming into your house while you're sleeping would be terrifying, but Xavier was beyond excited. Every commercial that came on TV, he'd yell out, "Hey, maybe the Easter Bunny will bring me that!!" This year he was old enough to learn the meaning behind Easter, so I sat him down and told him the story of Jesus and His Resurrection. It was really cute to watch his face as he processed what I was telling him. He was very concerned and had a lot of questions. Why did those mean guys kill Jesus? Did they say sorry? How did Jesus come back alive? What's a miracle? Eventually, he was satisfied with my explanations. Later, at church, he was asked to give the opening prayer in Primary (which he has never done before). I wasn't sure if he'd get shy standing up there, but he was totally fine. He needed a little help about half way through, so I whispered, "Thank you for Jesus, and that he died for us." and Xavier whispered back (loudly into the mic) "What's a died-a-saurus?" It was like playing a game of telephone. Then they asked him say the monthly scripture out loud. They gave him a green sucker- I have never seen him so proud. I was pretty proud of him too, since it was all impromptu and we didn't have a chance to practice. Here's how the day started...
The Loot
The eggs
Deacon stuffed his face with with jelly beans all morning. He has never had so much sugar in his life!

THE SUIT
I found this suit on sale, and I HAD to get it. Normally, I am not a fan of dressing babies in suits. I don't know...it always seemed a little too Ann Geddes for me. I couldn't get over how cute he was in this getup. I just wanted to drop him off at the country club for a social.
Ew, I just want to squeeze him.

The impossible family shot. (super heros required)

THE HUNT


Such a sweet big brother!
Another impossible shot...getting them both looking at the same time. 
And I'll conclude with this tender moment.
Hope you all had a great Easter!
8 comments:
(sigh) I love Easter, and yet, I did not take a SINGLE photo.
By the way, I'm watching SNOW FALL OUT MY OFFICE WINDOW WHILE I TYPE THIS!!! I may show up on your doorstep tomorrow. (I'm only half kidding)
I WANT to visit. I WANT to lounge on the beach. I WANT to shop. I WANT to take pictures. I WANT to be able to dress in summer-like clothing. I WANT TO LAUGH WITH MY MELISSA FRIEND!!!
Keep the pictures and blog posts coming... it ALMOST helps ease pain! :)
Oh my gosh! TOO CUTE! I was thinking you said the suit was for Xavier - even cuter on little Deacon. What a little stud muffin! Such cute pics. My kids would barely stand for me to take shots of them alone. Grrrrr....and family pic - what's that? UGH!
What a cute family Melissa. And of course you're still a babe :) Hope you love California! bridger and I really want to visit!
Your kids are adorable! I love the suit!! You guys seem to be doing well and I am so jealous of your weather and beaches! You have the set up i've always dreamed of!
Enjoy it and take care :)
They are so cute! And I love fancy fancy for church. Bella always looks like she's going to the prom. I love it!!
Cute pictures and I do love the suit on Deacon! Wishing I was there to go hang outside at the beach with you guys.
What a fun Mom your kids have !! Easter looked magical for them!! Your family is beautiful too! Oh, your comment made me laugh so hard. I tried to explain it to my husband and he didn't even think it was funny. It is almost as if he is a little jealous of my past...he wishes he could have been a dork with me!! ha ha. jk. Do you like your ward there? I have to admit I m a little jealous of the weather!! Take care. love
Alexis
Hey Mel
The pics are adorable! That suit is to die for cute! I sent your link to Pam and she wrote back that Deacon sure looks like you - that's a first!
The boys are little charmers as usual. I miss them terribly.
So glad you guys had a great Easter - with great weather. It's gorgeous here right now - Hope to see you this summer. Love, Mom
Post a Comment