Sunday, April 26, 2009

What we've been up to...

We got last minute tickets to the Lakers vs Jazz playoffs. We were secretly routing for the Jazz, and refused to chime in on the "Utah sucks!" chants. They got killed that game, but it was still really fun to be there.

We spent Q's day off at the beach. It was over 90 degrees...what else do you do when it gets that hot? The boys love when he comes with us because he's way better at building sandcastles.



We buried Deacon in a hole and considered leaving him in there so we wouldn't have to chase him around. Of course he figured a way out.

And then he was on his way.
He loves when I take his picture and then demands that I turn the camera around so he can see himself.


Q buried buckets of water in the sand in hopes that Deacon would play near us. It worked for a while.

Xavier loves finding shells and other treasures. He calls them booty and puts them in his special treasure bucket.
Deacon is obsessed with being potty trained. Isn't he too young? He's barely 19 months! He insists on wearing Xavier's underwear over his diaper and he comes and tells me when he needs to go potty. I tell him to act his age and go in his diaper. I'm so not ready to potty train him. He has figured out how to get his potty seat on the toilet and how to get his pants and diaper off. He just can't quite get up there on his own...yet.
Here he is...pointing to his pee pee.


I think I'll try to hold him off for a few more months. I'm just not ready to have my baby out of diapers. Am I crazy?
Side Note: Deacon is such a talker! He says full on sentences like "I want to go outside" and loves to copy funny things Xavier says. He's obsessed with his batman jammies and wants to wear them every night. He forces Xavier to wear his too and then he stands in front of the mirror and says "Cool" while pointing to himself. He is pretty cool.

5 comments:

Requel said...

Boy genius. He is so cute!

MediocreMama said...

See, Lennon has done the same thing. He says, "Big boy!" and points to the toilet...I guess we've told him that's where big boys go. He always wants us to set him on there and he'll actually pee...and here I am sort of not wanting to deal with it all yet.

Funny how different your boys are; Deacon is ready to go and Xavier was so anti. I wonder what we'll get in two weeks and what he/she will be like...

Orange Juice said...

Your boys are adorable. Xavier and Olivia would get along great. She s talking in full sentences too!!

Jeremy and Nicole Stucki said...

Melissa! You guys look like you are having so much fun. And look at Deacon acting all big boy with the potty. I say go for it. The sooner the better for you:)! And you amazing like always. Hope everything is going well!

Unknown said...

Ummmm your kids are so cute. I rarely think kids are THAT cute...cause mine are just so AMAZINGLY ADORABLE and when I look at your boys, they remind me of my own. How is Cali? You guys come back to visit ever???