This post is long over due. It's been six weeks since our move and I am just now finding a minute to catch up the blog. There will be more posts to come. We've had a lot of visitors already. My sister and her family came down for a Disneyland weekend, my best friend Afton and her family stopped by while visiting her Dad, and my mom came and stayed with us for a week. It's fun to live in a place where everyone wants to visit. Here are some of our favorite things to do since moving here...
Disneyland (We've been 5 times so far, which is ridiculous I know, but we have a yearly pass and need to take full advantage. Besides, is there a happier place than Disneyland?)
Play dates at the beach (my favorite thing about living here).
Long days at the park (we used to have two parks to choose from in Victor, and now there are hundreds. Our favorite is Valley Park in Hermosa Beach. I'm 85% sure I saw Chris Cornell there with his son. I called Q afterwards and he said "WHAT? Why didn't you talk to him? Why didn't you invite him over to our house?" Oh yeah, what was I thinking? That wouldn't have been weird at all!).
Trips to the Long Beach Aquarium ( This is Xavier's favorite place and a yearly pass pays for itself after two visits AND is tax deductible!)
I'll do more posts later about all the visits and fun places, but first I wanted to say how proud I am of my boys. My number one worry about moving to a small place was having to put them in the same room. I thought it would be really hard. It WAS hard for a couple of nights, but once they got used to having each other in there, it was totally fine. I thought I would have to put Deacon down first and then sneak in with Xavier once he was asleep, but Deacon would stay awake and wait for Xavier to come to bed. Now we put them to bed at the same time and they goof around and talk for a minute and then they go right to sleep. It's really cute to see how close they've gotten since we've moved here. They have really bonded. I shared a room with my sister until I was in Jr. High and we've always been really close because of it. I really think that when we do get a bigger place, I will still have them share a room. I can't wait to get them bunk beds when Deacon's a little older. They are growing up so fast.
This is their room when we first moved in. It's cuter now that it's decorated.
Deacon loves hats, my shoes, and any sort of costume he can put on. Why does the second child grow up so fast?
I love this picture. They take a bath together every night and there's always about an inch of sand left in the bottom once it's drained. They're such cute friends.





6 comments:
It sounds like you are loving the big move. My boys share a room as well. We have 5 bed rooms so they obviously don't need to but they love it. I love the updated pics, they are such hansome guys!
Your kids are so cute. How are you guys doin??? With the move and all?
Yay! I'm so glad you blogged! You are around such fun things. I wish we had an aquarium...and a beach!
Siblings talking each other to sleep is the best! Cute room.
I am so glad you are enjoying Cali!!!!! My kids share a room too and I am so envious that you are able to put them down together I have to do what you said you didn't want to. :) Maybe when Trace is a little bit older! I cannot believe how grown up they look, it is just so crazy how fast time flies by.
California sounds like it is such a perfect fit for you and your family!! I am glad that things went well and you are settled in! Your boys are adorable!
Post a Comment