Xavier's pre-school is out for summer. Part of me is glad it's over so we can fly by the seat of our pants, but I really don't know what I am going to do to keep him entertained all day. He is such a social kid and when he goes a day or two without playing with friends, he starts making up imaginary ones. We went to Seaside Lagoon with Xavier's pre-school for their last day. It's a really cool place. It's an outdoor salt water pool that's chlorinated. It has water slides, a huge pirate ship play ground, and a sandy beach surrounding the water. The kids had so much fun and I had fun because they were totally entertained.
I should have ordered two milkshakes. Deacon was OBSESSED and would shake with anger whenever it was Xavier's turn for a drink.
We had so much fun at the Lagoon that day. If we didn't have our own pool, I would definitely be buying the season pass.
My little brother Aaron and his band NURSES came to town last weekend. It was really good to see him. They have been working really hard on their new album and it's finally coming out this summer so they are doing a promotional tour. I miss him already! If you know Aaron, you know that there isn't a nicer person in the world. He makes me laugh harder than anyone else and I just love hanging out with him. His band mates, John and James are equally nice guys. I couldn't believe how grateful they acted just to get a hot meal and a place to sleep. I don't know how they do it. They travel all over the country in their van, crashing on people's floors and couches. They have such a passion for music and it shows. I love seeing them play live. I am one of their biggest fans. Check them out if you can. They are really amazing.
Xavier LOVES his uncle Aaron and was bummed that he wasn't playing in their "rock concert".
They played in Hollywood at the Knitting Factory. We went with our good friends Ben and Teresa. It was a great show, but too short. Everyone wanted to hear more songs.
Oh, I forgot to mention that Nurses have been signed by Dead Oceans, a well respected Indie label. They also have a booking agent. They have been working so hard for so long and now they are finally seeing it pay off. We're so happy for them.
5 comments:
oh, that was such a good post. I love seeing the pics of the boys at the Lagoon. Can just imagine Deacon with the Milk Shake shakes:) And it's so sweet to see pics of Aaron. I'm so jealous you got to see his show and spend time with him. Love that boy!
Melissa, This is the first time I have seen a pic of Xavier and thought he totally looks like you instead of a clone of his dad. He is a beautiful darling boy. I love it...
Such cute pictures
I always love looking at your pictures. You just remind me so much of myself and your kids remind me so much of mine. Just Darling. You guys look so happy.
And about that bath robe picture....hahahah.... I had to take it from above them because the "straight on" view was a little too much "exposure"
Melissa! Look at how much fun you guys are having. I'm a bit jealous of the awesome stuff you have to do down there. Maybe I will convince my hubby one of these days to head down that way! You look great!
Post a Comment