I know this is late, but I didn't want Father's Day to pass this year without posting a small tribute to my man. We started the weekend with dropping the kids off. (Is there a better way to start a weekend? j/k). My brother Justin and his wife Stephanie were nice enough to offer to watch the boys while I took Q shopping. His wardrobe has been needing a serious overhaul for some time now, so we hit up Nordstrom Rack and some local shops. We had lunch at a great Thai restaurant and it was just so relaxing to spend time together without highchairs and sippy cups. I love just being with Q, talking about whatever we want, and feeling like a couple- not just co-existing as a mom and dad. We don't get out alone as often as we'd like, so we really cherish the times when we do.
{the boys with Daddy on Father's day morning}
{Our day at the beach...}
I feel so lucky to have a husband who genuinely loves being a Dad and takes pride in his ability to parent in loving and fun way. He has the perfect mix of being fun and laid back yet can give the boys "the look" and they know he means business.
{Deacon fell asleep snuggling with Q in the chair...he NEVER does that!}
When Q moved to California without us to start his new job, I knew it would kill him to be away from the boys. We would talk on the phone every day and skype online, but it was really hard for him to not be there day to day. I often thought during those 5 months without him about what it would be like to do this all on my own. I know that I could do it if I absolutely had to, but just thinking about what my boys would miss out on almost brought me to tears. No matter what I do as a mom, I could never replace what Q means to them. He will shape their character and teach them what it means to be a respectable man. I am so thankful to have him in my life as my best friend, my partner in life, and most of all as the Dad to our kids. In Xavier's own words, "You are the coolest, funniest, best Daddy in the whole wide earth, and I love you so so so so much!"
Happy Father's Day babe, you're the best!
1 comment:
Ok...your boys just get cuter everyday! We missed you last week. I got some updates on your life through Linds and Jess. Love you!
Post a Comment