Q and I were needing some alone time so we spent two nights in a hotel in L.A. and went to a couple of concerts. My mom flew in from Idaho to watch the boys (thanks Baba-ganoosh!) We checked into our hotel around 3 and then Blake and Kim (Q's brother and his wife) picked us up for dinner. We drove to Irvine, ate dinner, and then headed over to the 311 concert. Here are some pics...
We stayed at the coolest place...
The Palomar Hotel


Before heading out to dinner...Blake and Kim (Kim is the best person to go to a concert with. She doesn't care if nobody else is dancing, she gets up and goes nuts the entire show. She has some moves that would rival Elaine.)


The next night we were picked up at 6, but this time it was a car service. We felt like high rollers as we swung by to pick Blake and Kim up at the Penisula. We went to dinner at the best place I have ever eaten...Koi. I've talked about this place before...you really haven't experienced food until you've eaten here. It's AMAZING.


In the car on the way to the show. Why??? All I ever want is a cute picture of the two of us..and this is what I get. It's OK, be makes up for it later.
When we arrived at the Hollywood Bowl, people stopped to see if we were anyone important as we got out of the car. So sorry to disappoint. Once again Blake had the hook-up and we were sitting something like four rows back. We were close enough to see Brandon's armpit hair and protruding ribs. The guy needs to eat a steak and do some manscaping. I used to have a huge crush on him back in the day, but not anymore. Who wants a man that wears smaller pants than you? The show was amazing though. It just brought back so many memories of when Q and I were dating. Chris Rock once said "The music you listen to when you 'first fall in love' is forever you're favorite music". (that quote was edited...this is a family blog people).

At one point during the show, Brandon came to our side of the stage and pointed out to someone in the crowed and it looked as if he was singing to or with a particular person. I thought, weird I wonder who he's pointing at. I look over and Q is pointing back at him and they are totally rocking out together. It was really funny. I think he saw Q and thought...wow, that guys knows every word to all our songs! It was pretty cool.


This was such a fun weekend! It was exactly what we both were needing. We sometimes forget that we had a life before our boys. I think it's really important for our relationship to take to time away as a couple and do things together that we loved doing before we had kids. Don't get me wrong...I love being a mom. I'm so grateful that I am able to be home with them every day, but it isn't easy. It's a lot of hard work. Getting away now and then helps me be a better mom. I feel energized and reconnected to myself and to Q. Sometimes when people ask me what I like to do or what my hobbies are, I really have to stop and think. Pretty much every second of my day is consumed with taking care of my boys. I don't really have time for hobbies, unless you count playing at the beach, running errands in the car, making chicken nuggets, going to Costco, reading stories, building forts, filling and refilling sippy cups, applying sunscreen, and locating lost Bakugans hobbies. If you do, than I have millions of hobbies!

In the car on the way to the show. Why??? All I ever want is a cute picture of the two of us..and this is what I get. It's OK, be makes up for it later.
At one point during the show, Brandon came to our side of the stage and pointed out to someone in the crowed and it looked as if he was singing to or with a particular person. I thought, weird I wonder who he's pointing at. I look over and Q is pointing back at him and they are totally rocking out together. It was really funny. I think he saw Q and thought...wow, that guys knows every word to all our songs! It was pretty cool.
5 comments:
Thanks! You are so sweet. I was just telling Brandon that. Too bad you don't live by us!
I am so jealous that you guys did this. Brandon and I need to do something like that. You guys are so cute together.
Oh and sorry, but I just read that last section, and I HAVE to agree with everything you said. My days sound JUST like yours.
So glad to hear all the details of your amazing weekend together. Glad I could be there to help facilitate the marital bliss. You DO need to make time for each other. It's the best gift you can give your children. Having fun with the Olivia and Will. They miss Xavier and Deacon. They were so cute together. Love you guys, Mom
Oh, the pics turned out great. love the place you stayed at too. btw...could you smell brandon's bo too? ha! so glad you had such a fun weekend with your hubby. you guys are an amazing couple and we love you tons!
You should have another one. IT really hasn't been that hard. Its been so much fun. And my boys are the same age as your two. Your youngest little guy reminds me of Linford so much- like his pictures.
Post a Comment