Monday, July 14, 2008

LA LA LAND

We are back from visiting Q's brother and his family in California. We had so much fun. Every day was packed with fun things...swimming in their new pool, hanging out on the beach, eating out, and visiting the aquarium in Long Beach. It was the perfect trip. Kim is officially the "Hostess with the Mostess". Every day she made us treats from scratch, yummy dinners, and she even did our laundry throughout our entire visit. (I'd find little perfectly folded piles on our bed each morning). Who is she??? Here are some shots from our trip.


Palos Verdes Estates
(yes, they actually live here)



Redondo Beach
We buried Xavier in the sand and he got stuck.

Deacon ate his share of sand


Like mother, like son.


Kim & I had a good laugh. There were all these hardcore surfers around us...and then there's Q & Blake with their boogie boards and gigantic flippers. Awww, so cute. Blake tried to make it seem cooler by claiming he saw a shark. The lifeguard assured him it was a dolphin.


Luke & Reed... What cute boys. We were swimming in their pool the first day we got there and Reed jumped off the side, swam over to me and said, "Feel free to watch me at your leisure".


Miss Olivia was so fun to hang out with. We watched "So You Think You Can Dance" together and she had all the dancer's names memorized. She was such a big help with the boys. Xavier & Deacon adored her. I can't wait for her to reach babysitting age so she can come stay with us.


On Friday night, Kim hired two professional nannies and the four of us went out for a night on the town. Blake made reservations at KOI in Hollywood. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it was the best food we have ever tasted. We told the waiter to bring us all of his favorites, and to stop only when we told him we'd had enough. I could've eaten all night...seriously, the best food ever! Regular food hasn't tasted the same to me since.




The Paparazzi took their smoke break when they saw us walking out. Dang.



After dinner, Blake was kind enough to find me a Pinkberry. I've heard so much about their famous frozen yogurt, so I had to try it. It was love at first bite. I could easily eat a "small regular with fresh strawberries" every day for the rest of my life.


(Maybe they'll open up shop Victor!)

On our last day, we headed over to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. It was the most amazing place. Xavier was in ocean heaven. Even though he hadn't had a single nap all week, and it was almost 2PM by the time we got there, he had the time of his life.

Just imagine his excitement when we walk in and he sees the gigantic humpback whale hanging from the ceiling!


This is the only time Q's been on a surf board. Sorry babe.




9 comments:

Afton said...

Looks like so much fun. I've always wanted to go to pinkberry. I fantasize about it lately.

Meegan said...

after seeing your photos of beach and fun stuff. . . I WANT TO GO ON A VACATION!!!
Looks like you guys had an amazing time!
~Meegan

Courtney said...

AHHHHH.....so much fun. Please move there so I can come visit....OFTEN! :) LOVE your new family picture. Meegan - you have done it again. Speaking of vacation - want to come to DC? :)

Broadbent Family said...

Looks so fun!! Did you make any decisions? Your boys couldn't be cuter! Who took your pics of the fam on the side? They are gorgeous. Meegan never called us back....

Miss you! Love ya.

Jessa Dawn said...

girl!
your family is gorgeous.
I am in town for a couple weeks so if you want a night a out i would love to babysit the little guys.
I still met deacon. He looks just like X. ADORABLE!
Hope to see you soon!

Lyndsie said...

what a fun trip...i love xavier's fascination with the ocean...that clip of him is hilarious...he's way too cute!

KennyDupree said...

Q,
I'm catching up baby!!! My second little boy is on its way, due early November. I really appreciate that all the men in your family have the shaved head thing going on. I like to think that I inspired that action. :)

represent the dlv,

joseph --*=-*--*=-*-=

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I am glad you had a great trip, it looks so fun!

The Keetch Family said...

k so I've got internet now and this is the first blog I've seen since the move. it was so fun to see all the pics from your trip after hearing all about it. it was the perfect vacation and so fun to be with Kim and Blake and their cute family. i miss you guys like crazy! good thing i'm seeing you tomorrow:O:O