Spring Break has worn us out! Seems like we've done something fun every day. One of our little adventures was taking the Metro down to the Long Beach Aquarium. We thought we'd mix it up a little and show the kids a good time on the train. (Don't ask me why we thought this was such a great idea. Instead of a quick 20 minutes drive it took us over an hour. Not to mention we had to switch trains in Compton!) I have to say we were quite the sight. I don't think the morning commuters knew what to think when they saw four blond girls and their brood of children board the train.
Where's Deacon? Oh there he is, stuffing a banana in his mouth.
This scuba girls was so cute and kept posing for pictures with the kids.

Group shots are not an easy task, but we managed to get this one right before Zorin (front and center) took a nose dive off the ledge. Don't worry, he's fine. That kid has a head made of steel.
Here we are after a morning of petting sea creatures...ready for lunch at CPK. yum.
On our way home.
I must say that in retrospect it was really fun to take the Metro. It's not something I want to do again anytime soon and I am grateful that I have that option. However, the kids LOVED it and are still talking about it, so in the end it was worth it.
Some highlights:
A random lady leaned over and told Katie that she needed to hold her purse on her lap and not set it in her stroller. (A great Metro tip, I think.)
Deacon fell asleep on my lap and while trying to carefully transfer him into his stroller without waking him up the doors shut right as I was trying to get off at our stop. I had my two boys and Katie's two girls while she and everyone else had made it off the train. I'll never forget Katie's panicked face as she tried prying the doors open with her bare hands. The doors magically opened and we got off. At our next stop we realized (with some embarrassment) that there is a "door open" button right next to the door. Someone must have pushed it for us and then shook their heads. Metro rookies.

1 comment:
Glad to see you've now taken the train in LA - I take it all the time when I'm Downtown and cannot wait until it extends into Culver City and down to Santa Monica. Whatever it takes to get us out of our cars.
-Justin
Post a Comment