Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter

We had a fun filled Easter weekend. We started off the celebrating with a hunt at Xavier's school.  Of course Deacon thinks he is part of the class and lined up on the starting line.

Xavier and Lucy pose for some cute pictures together.  They are the cutest little friends.
The class with Ms. Laurie & Ms. Gina  Xavier is so lucky to have such great teachers.
On Saturday we met some friends at the library for an egg hunt.  They had a story time, craft time, and then hunted eggs out on the lawn.  Over 100 kids showed up so there was some egg rationing going on.

Here are the boys showing off their craftiness.  FYI: pipe cleaners do not adhere to paper bags with Elmers glue.


 
We were trying to capture a cute picture with Deacon and his buddy Crew, but he was too busy pouting.  he wanted Crew's cookie.
Still pouting...
OK, he's happy now.  This is pretty much how he gets what he wants.  Sadly, it works on me too. 


Easter Morning
Can't celebrate a holiday without Buzz.

Xavier is really excited about workbooks lately.  the Easter Bunny gave him two and he has already completed them.  He begs me to get them out and tells Deacon that he can't play Batman because he's "doing important work".  He also likes to remind Deacon that he doesn't know his letters or Math.  Direct quote,  
 "Deacon, you only go to a gymnastics class.  I go to real school.  You don't learn important things like letters and Math in gymnastics class.  You only learn tricks."
I love how they look when they first wake up; disheveled and sleepy eyed.






I made Puffed French Toast for breakfast.  It turned out delicious but is more dessert than breakfast.  It's basically french toast deep fried and tossed in cinnamon and sugar.  Yum.

I really love Easter and not just because it's the one time a year I am allowed to dress my boys like nerdy golfers.  I just love the true meaning behind Easter and how we always should focus on the Savior and the roll He plays in our lives.  

1 comment:

Meegan said...

a few things:
-Xavier is cuter than ever, and looks old enough to get a job!
-Deacon's wrinkley-nosed picture makes him look more like a mini Q than ever before! (That is such a Q expression!!!)
-You pull off a hat better than most celebs.
-I don't think I've EVER made a breakfast that looks that delicious, not even on a holiday!
-all your pictures remind me that there is actually a reason for my cameras aside from taking OTHER PEOPLE'S photos. :)
Looks like you had an amazing Easter and California continues to treat you well. {hugs} ~Meegs