Thursday, June 19, 2008

tank tops & water guns...

The boys and I went grocery shopping yesterday. Things that bug me about Broulims...

#1 We HAVE to use the gigantic green double car cart. (Xavier calls is the "Green Car"). They only have two of them in the store and if they are both being used, we wait by the checkout line for someone to hand one over. These beasts are impossible to maneuver. They have the turning radias of a school bus. I have rammed total strangers on more than one occasion and knocked over several store displays.

#2 They set up these kiosks with toy cars on them throughout the store. The cars aren't even that cool...they're like big matchbox cars. Anyway, Xavier knows exactly where they are and begins requesting one even before they're in his sight. They aren't cheap either...$4/each, and we already have about twelve hundred of them.

Moms...you can relate. You'll give your child pretty much whatever they want while you are in the store. Then you will attempt the infamous distraction trick at the check out. Sadly after 2 years and 9 months Xavier is well aware of this tactic and it is no longer effective. So instead the car, he got this $4 water gun. I have never seen him more excited about a toy.

He calls it his "water gum".















































I threw in a picture of Deacon to show you that he is back to his happy self. Other than the lingering cough he is feeling much better.

8 comments:

Suz said...

Melissa I know you don't know who I am but I was Audrey's (Your x-sister-in-law's) roommate. Q and I were really good friends. Your babies are so very cute! And you tow are a darling couple. Tell Q I said hello.

Suz Webb Hancock

Lyndsie said...

i so feel your pain! the grocery store is always an interesting venture for us as well! and i'm glad to know that you went un-private again too. hopefully we don't die, right?

Unknown said...

HEY! I totally know who you are! Brandon has talked about you lots, He has always said you were one of his favorite girls...which is a really good compliment coming from Brandon. I'm glad you wrote, I didn't know you had a blog. Your little boys are darling. SO cute. I told him that some "bell family" wrote and he helped me find you, so he says hi too. I'm gonna add you guys to our friends. You should keep in touch. Maybe when we come to town sometime we could go out or something. ANYWAYS, you have a cute little family too.
-Ashley

Broadbent Family said...

Those pictures are classic! Why do boys like guns so much? Think how I'm going to try to keep them away from Cooper early on in hopes he doesn't turn out to be a blood thirsty hunter (I know it will all be in vain). Your boys are so dang cute! I'm sad that Deacon was sick--of course he was so sweet! I kind of can't handle him in that tank top!:) Eww. K...so we will be coming to Idaho so much this next little bit. We will have to figure out a way to meet up. I miss you and your boys.
Love you.

Broadbent Family said...

By the way--your template it so cute! It is so YOU!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I love the background and new entry. Never a boring moment with little boys huh? I did the same thing you are doing, for 3 days I left Isaac naked and we stayed home. I gave him lots of fluids so he had to go alot and then he decided it was pretty cool. He kept dancing around saying no more diapers...Pretty nice to be done with diapers. Does Xavier have any interast? They say boys are usually 3, Isaac just had a big brother to watch.

MediocreMama said...

I totally get it about grocery store desperation. This is me at the checkout counter:

"Ummmm, and could you ring up this ripped bag of Teddy Grahams and this already eaten bag of pretzels? Oh and this torn package of cheese. Thanks."

Whatever works...

The Keetch Family said...

ha! i totally agree with holly. half of what i buy at the store has already been open, tasted and played with by my kids. the best is when it's all gone, and i'm having the check out girl ring up an empty wrapper.

sometimes stores are time warps for me. notice you'll never find a clock in target and by the time we leave i have no idea how long we've been in there and if will be light or dark when we get out. just one of the many tactics to get more of our money.