Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A tribute to Deacon...

Deacon has an ear infection. This is his second infection in two months. I don't know if they're hereditary, but Q got them all the time as a baby and he had to get tubes put in his ears. Anyway, he is miserable. He has a fever, the worst cough I have ever heard, and all he wants to do is snuggle with his Mommy (which is the one and only perk). To top it all off, he's getting TWO bottom teeth, so he is a constant fountain of drool. Most babies would be screaming their heads off (understandably so) but not Deacon. He is one tough baby. Here are some recent shots of him pre-ear infection.


Take note of the drool on his shirt...







He's getting really fast at crawling, although it isn't your basic on both knees crawling technique. He has opted for the army crawl approach. He uses his feet to push against the floor which can get him around surprisingly fast. Q says he looks like a paraplegic that has fallen out of his wheel chair.



I just hope the anti-biotics kick in and we get our happy boy back. I know I'm his Mom, and of course I think he is the best best baby in the world, but everyone who hangs out with him is amazed at how happy, content, and easy going he is. I feel so lucky to have him in our family.

4 comments:

Requel said...

He is so cute! I love his big eyes. Bella is also a drooling machine. Poor little guy, I hope he gets feeling better.

Afton said...

He really is the best baby ever. It's almost creepy. I hope he feels better soon. Poor little guy!

Rachel said...

We went through that with Crew just before we moved. We had three different Dr.'s tell us that he would have to get tubes in his ears. (Devin had them as a child too). We waited it out to see if his ears would change and grow out of it and sure enough they did. No Tubes! Maybe you'll have the same luck. Poor thing.

MediocreMama said...

Awwww...that is seriously the worst. Seeing those little guys sick is heart breaking.

And I can't get over Q's comment about the paraplegic who's fallen out of his wheelchair...no wonder he and Tod get along.