People would come up to me after a flight and comment about how good he was, and how they'd never seen a happier baby. If I could get a guarantee that every trip would be as pleasant, I would be racking up some serious frequent flier miles.
When we got to my sister's house, Milly could not keep her hands off Deacon. She just couldn't get enough of him! He was a pretty good sport and would grunt at her if he got bugged.
Austin thought Deacon was pretty fun too. They rode in the very back seat of the car together and Austin would feed him french fries and sing him songs. He had Deacon belly laughing more than once.
Chad was Deacon's surrogate Daddy and would throw him around and tickle him. He loved it!
The highlight of my trip was meeting little Haven. I don't think a sweeter baby exists! I called her "Angel Baby" because she would sleep in her bouncy chair for hours, wake up to eat, and then go right back to sleep. She has the prettiest eyes, chubby little cheeks and the sweetest little spirit. This is the morning of her blessing before we put on her dress.
Chad gave the sweetest blessing. It was so fun to be there for their special day.
Chad watch the older kids so Jess and I could spend a day in the city. We had so much fun seeing the sites and doing some shopping.
Chicago River
Millennium Park
The famous Jelly Bean
Lunch at Potbelly
Getting Garrett's popcorn was a MUST. The "Oprah special" (cheese and caramel mixed)
Yes, it's that good.
This trip was really fun because when I bring Xavier with me, our trip revolves around doing fun kid things...the zoo, waterpark, ect. This time we were a little more selfish. We did A LOT of shopping, going to movies, eating at fun restaurants, and all the other things we rarely get to do as busy moms. Chad was so nice and would watch Milly and Austin while we went off gallivanting. Next time I'll bring Q with me so he'll have someone to hang out with!


8 comments:
Looks like such a fun week. Jess looks really cute too. Your popcorn pic is semi x rated. I may report you to the blogger police!
It looks like you had a great week visiting your sister! Deacon is such a cute little thing! Jared wants to know Q's e-mail address. He can just e-mail Jared at phatjared@hotmail.com
Thanks!
oh how we miss you guys! this was the first time i didn't cry when you left though because we'll be seeing eachother again soon and a lot more often....waaahooo!
mmmm...the shopping sprees will soon continue to our husbands glee (ha).
and what's this sneaking bites when you weren't looking...if you have something to say.....just say it...ha ha!
love you tons!
I've always wanted to see Chicago! How nice to have family there to visit. I'm so glad you had a good time; moms need breaks once in a while. Oh and...Q really, REALLY missed you. He called Tod, me, or both every day you were gone. You can tell he's totally lost without his family!
I need a vacation. Sisters are the best aren't they?! Glad you had a fun getaway.
what a fun trip! there's nothing better than some good quality time with your sisters...we're lucky to have 'em! :)
such darling pictures!! I talked to Jess and she said you guys had so much fun! I miss you! Call me when you get a second--I'm coming to Idaho soon and I want to see you. Love you.
So cute and looks like so much fun. I love family visits!!
Post a Comment