Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's official...we have VOLES!!

Melissa tried to fight me on posting this picture but for all those who don't know what a "vole" is...BEHOLD!!!

Last week Xavier was playing outside while I was inside prepping some burgers for the BBQ. He knocked on the window and enthusiastically called for me. Once he got my attention he lifted what I thought was an abnormally large mouse by its tail! Dead thankfully...I guess. The look on X's face was one of unbridled enthusiasm and he was quite disturbed that I didn't share that sentiment. I nabbed the rodent from him and took one final look before the furry carcass was tossed into the trash. Size isn't what sparked my curiosity...it was the teeth. They were big, yellow, pointy, and hideous. They were aggressive looking. This is not to say that mice have pearly whites but it was enough to get Melissa researching via Google. She called me at work days later, short of breath and barely able to put together a sentence. The vermin had a name...VOLE! Poison has been purchased and placed inside their cozy little homes and we trust that will do the trick. Xavier will miss his furry friends.

3 comments:

The Keetch Family said...

oh my SICK! I am so scared for you right now. He looks like a cartoon character....not even real. I can't get over his teeth and eyes! He looks like you just interupted him in a big plan of attack and he can't wait to get back to his work.

Thank goodness for google and POISEN!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I would die right then and there. I cant handle rodants or spiders...I am such a girl!

MediocreMama said...

This is disgusting...and the hard thing about boys is they LOVE stuff like this! I'm sure they'll drag more than voles into your house for the next few years...ewww ewww ewww.