Sunday, December 14, 2008

Temple Square

I love Temple Square. It had been a few years since we'd gone to see the lights and they didn't disappoint. Q and I were talking about how weird it was that we were married there almost 7 years ago (December 27, 2001). How is it possible that we've been married that long? I really feel like I just graduated from high school a few years back, but in two years I'll be going to my TEN year reunion! Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like time is FLYING by?
We chose the perfect night to go. It was unseasonably warm, yet cold enough for the boys to wear cute hats and puffy coats. I love dressing my children up like the kids from "The Christmas story". It's best if they can't put their arms down to their sides. Xavier was FASCINATED with the temple. At first he thought we were at Disneyland. We've been talking about Disneyland a lot lately since we're going there over Christmas. He was convinced that the temple was the castle from Disneyland " You know, like the one in all my movies", he explained. it took me a minute, but then I realized that he meant the castle in the opening credits of all his Disney movies. Smart kid. So after I explained that the temple and the Disney castle were two very different things, and that the temple is were Daddy and I got married, he immediately wanted to go inside. "Let's go up to the very top. Up there with that guy and his instrument!" His excitement was contagious as we ran around and took pictures. The lights never cease to amaze me, no matter how many times I see them.

Us four, getting our picture taken right before Q hopped in a cab to go to the airport. I immediately started crying afterwards.

Xavier was really into wearing his gloves, or "glubs".

This picture is blurry, but it's the only one we got together.
My three favorite people! Could they be any cuter? (yes, you too babe)
Deacon was not the happiest camper, but he'll hang in there as long as we have his blue silky on hand.
Xavier was so funny about this tree made of lights. It sat on top of a hill and he took off running to get a better look. When he made it to the top, her turned around and annouced, "OK Mom, take my picture!" He looks so tiny in comparison.
Milly, Jess, and Haven. (I love Haven's hat and her little Puma track suit).

No comments: