Thursday, July 1, 2010

Legoland

We took the kids to Legoland a while back and I'm just now getting around to posting the pictures.  They had so much fun there, but my only complaint is that it's not open long enough.  They open the park at 10 and it closes at 5.  We had coupons that got the kids in free with an adult ticket so we felt OK that we didn't get to see everything there, but if we had paid full price I don't think it would be worth the money.  It cost almost as much as a day at Disneyland.  Also, there aren't a lot of rides that little kids can go on.  Deacon was pretty bummed because he was too short to ride most of the cool ones.    Regardless, we did have a lot of fun there. 












I love Deaks face in this picture...



Chad, is that your hairy arm ruining the picture?  Thought so.

The boat ride you take around the park that shows you all of the amazing things they've built out of Legos is the highlight of the park.  You have to go on this boat ride if it's the only thing you do.










Deacon felt bad that he wasn't allowed on a lot of the rides so I took him to get his face painted.  I was surprised by how still he laid there even as she put paint all over his eyelids. 




Waiting patiently for it to dry
the final product.  He was really excited about it UNTIL a little boy walked by that had his entire face painted like spider man and he started crying because he wanted that one instead.  Black and yellow paint streaked down his face.  $15 down the drain. 




The splash park area


So this ride was a little deceiving.  The operators told me that there was a chance we could be splashed with water and offered to hold my purse.  As soon as the ride started I got pelted in the face with a relentless stream of water.  I couldn't figure out where it was coming from.  I guess there were these water cannons on the outside of the ride and bystanders could take control of them and spray people.  For some reason, this full grown man thought it would be funny to drench  me.   


This is Q and I realizing what the guy was doing.  What the heck?  Who targets a random mom and thinks it's funny to get her soaking wet?

Here's Q, defending my honor and trying to shoot the guy.

Sure, I'm laughing now, but I wasn't so thrilled about being soaking wet for the rest of the day.  I'm just glad that nice operator held onto my new purse or I would've gone ballistic on that guy.






One really nice thing is that they have little "Lego building stations" where your kids can play while you wait in line.  Genius.

What a fun day we had.  The boys still see the commercials and beg to go back. Is it bad that I tell them that it isn't open because they are cleaning the Legos one at time?  Xavier said, "That's going to take a long time Mom."  He's totally right.

No comments: