Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The River

The Boys and I spent last weekend on the Colorado river with some friends. The weather was hot hot hot (around 115-120 degrees) so we were either in the air conditioned house or in the river. The boys were in heaven. This was their first time jet skiing and tubing. By Sunday, we were all official river rats and needed a long hot bath.

Zorin, Lucy, and Deacon



The moms 
(Minus Cambria, who for some reason isn't in any of our pictures.)


Deacon enjoyed a relaxing boat ride with his eyes closed. 

Oh wait, I did get a picture of Cambria...tearing it up on the water. 

cooling off

Playing on the beach

More boat rides

Sweet little baby Preslee was so good all weekend.  She really is the cutest little babe I've ever seen.

Naps were not permitted at the river, so there were some tears shed.

The longer Xavier stayed on the boat, the more he resembled Harry from Dumb and Dumber.


Brady and Ben were nice enough to give our fatherless children rides on the golf carts and jet skis.
Blow pop anyone?? 
Lucy, Xavier, Deacon, Jackson, Sadie, and Grant


Baby Preslee 

Seriously, I wanted to take her home with me.  Imagine the outfits I could put her in!


Hanging out on the boat.

Photo op...


Besties
Diva float trip

These two are a match made in heaven.  They crack each other up all day long...


and neither one of them can say no to fun.


Me and the boys...it didn't last long, but it was a fun ride!


Xavier and I caught some pretty big air on these waves and got bucked off.  He was pretty scared after that, but when we asked who wanted to go for a ride next...


he was quick to raise his hand.  I was proud that he was willing to get back on.

Katie and I drove the 6 hour trip together with her two girls,  my boys,  and no husbands.  It was a really fun road trip that involved eating A LOT of cheese puffs and redvines.  When we needed some really food we stopped at Rubys.


And apparently got some energy out.


The kids were happy campers thanks to full stomachs and the portable DVD players.


Thanks to Brady and Cambria for hosting!  We had a great time!

2 comments:

Nicole Stucki said...

Gosh you always are doing something FUN! And I think Xavier looks like Heath Ledger! CUTE CUTE boys you have. Good luck in Houston!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

How fun! I cant beleive how big your boys look, i love the long hair on Xavier.