Sunday, March 16, 2008

A perfect weekend...



Can I just say that I have the best mom? She took the boys for the weekend while Q and I stayed at Teton Springs Spa & Resort. Even though it's just down the road from us, it felt like we were a world away.





We checked in on Friday night and then had dinner at their restaurant. The food was amazing, but even more amazing was being able to sit together and talk about whatever we wanted (other than the kids and work...that was our rule for the night).




Afterwards, we went out to rent movies and get treats. When we came back to the hotel we sat outside in the hot tub while it snowed all around us. It was so romantic! While walking back to our room we saw that the spa was empty but the lights were all on. We tried our key and it let us in! We hung out on the lounge chairs and read some magazines and just enjoyed the relaxing music. I could have stayed there forever.






In the morning we slept in, got ready (taking as long as we pleased) and then went out to breakfast. As we drove down the mountain pass towards Idaho Falls we wondered why we hadn't asked my mom for two nights! Actually once we got there we couldn't wait to see the kids so we had my mom meet us at the theater and we took them to "Mr. Horton Hears a Who?".
Personally, I think it is vital to have time away from the kids and just have fun with your spouse. I always feel so rejuvenated and reconnected to Q afterwards. Thanks again Mom for being so willing to watch the boys. Xavier keeps asking "Where did Ba-Ba go?" You're the best!

4 comments:

Meegan said...

You guys are so good at that! Maybe Q should be talking to the other husbands! :) Oh wait mine is still GONE FOR ANOTHER WEEK!

~Meegan

Requel said...

Wow that sounds so fun and looks like an incredible place! In a few more months when Bella is a little older I plan on running of to Park City for the weekend!

Broadbent Family said...

Miss-that sounds amazing! I'm so happy you got to get away. Every couple needs that. Your so lucky you have you mom too--I bet you never worried about them. I got your message today but for some reason you number didn't come up. I got a new phone so I need your number. Call me again-or text me. I'm so happy that little Haven came and everything is good! We've all been praying since we found out that she'd need to come early. I can't wait to see pictures. Anyway..you look beautiful! Talk to you soon. Love ya.

Lyndsie Field said...

what a fun get away! and i agree...every couple needs some alone time. we very much need to do that... soon!! :)