Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Xavier Sleeps with the fishes...

I know...that is a horrible title, but it's true. Every night he makes us bring the fish bowl into his room and put it in front of his night light so he can watch them swim around. While Q's parents were visiting, Q and his Dad went to the local pet store and came home with two goldfish. It was so cute to see how excited Q was to unveil them to Xavier. As I have mentioned before, Xavier is obsessed with sea life. He pretty much has the vocabulary of a 20 year old when it has anything to do with marine topics. The other day at church he was holding a killer whale toy. His nursery teacher said "Xavier, why don't you give me your fish so we can start coloring." Xavier turned to her with a confused look on his face and said, "No fish. Orca whale!" Here are a few shots of him admiring his fish. I just love the magical look on his face, as if he's thinking "Why didn't I know it was possible to have my very own fish?"







Here they are trying out names. Q thought the orange one should be "Bronco" and the black one "Buggy" (he has bug-like eyes). We asked Xavier what he thought their names should be and he pointed to the black one and said "Deigo" (from his favorite cartoon) and then later he named the orange one "Boots". Throughout our day he asks if it's time to feed them. "Mama, feed fishies? Deigo & Boots eat?" I'm hoping they can survive his enthusiasm.

Thanks Dick & Joyce for the fun trip. We can't wait for you to retire so your trips won't have to be so quick!

2 comments:

Meegan said...

SO FUN!!!
Keaton named his african dwarf frogs dora and boots when he had them. They met their demise because Jason and I are evidently neglectful when it comes to the care of acquatic animals! Doesn't sound like that will be a problem with you guys though!
~Meegan

Anonymous said...

Should we start planning a trip to Sea World with the boys?!! That would be so much fun!!!

I'm so impressed with Xavier's sea life vocabulary...and he lives in the snow, not on the beach! Amazing.